CONNECTION 2025 TRANSIT PLAN
Learn all about the Connections 2025 Transit Plan in the sections below or by viewing our short video. Check out the recommended route-by-route changes and updated interactive system map below.
Using screen reader? Visit our accessible Connections 2025 Transit Plan webpage.
Click the expand icon in the top left corner of the interactive map to view individual routes and service types. Checking out the map on a mobile device? Make sure you’re using the latest operating version for best viewing.
Share your feedback by emailing email@example.com, calling 512-369-6000 or on Facebook and Twitter.
What’s new about the plan?
- More Frequent: High-Frequency Route Network boosted from 6 to 17 routes traveling every 15 minutes or better, over ½ million people will be within walking distance of a frequent route.
- More East/West: Adds 2 MetroRapid routes going east/west with 9 frequent routes running every 15 minutes or better.
- More Direct: Routes will be straighter and better connected to activity centers and denser parts of town for easy traveling.
- Simplified Fares: Flattens fares for fast, easy boarding and simplified connections.
- More Rapid: Adds 2 MetroRapid routes through downtown and east Austin with stations added to current routes, increasing frequency to 7-10 minutes.
- “Super BRT”: Adds a MetroRapid route operating on future I-35 Express Lanes with in-line stations.
- Goes Further: Ability to access more distant destinations in less time with less waiting and more frequency.
- More Express: Adds more reliable Express bus service by utilizing new MoPac Express Lanes, connecting to growing communities outside the central core.
- Community Routes: New service that may include on-demand, circulator or short-distance neighborhood routes, connecting to the larger network.
- Faster: Suggests adding more transit priority lanes, curb extensions to increase pedestrian safety, signal priority and other ways to keep buses and riders ahead of traffic congestion.